Effective March 01, 2020
At PureRoots Botanicals, we are committed to respecting your privacy!
- What Types of Information We Collect
PureRoots collects information from and about you and how you use the Site to provide you with the best experience on the Site. We collect information in the following ways:
- Device information. We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information, including phone number).
- Browsing information. This includes the URL that referred you to the Site, the areas within the Site that you visit, how long you spend on the Site, and the time of day of your visit.
- IP Address. An IP address is a string of numbers associated with the device you use to access the Internet.
- Location Information. When you use the Site, we may collect and process information about your exact location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide us with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
Information Collected from Cookies and Other Technologies: PureRoots and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit the Site to identify your browser or device, and to enhance your visit.
- Cookies. A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. For more information about HTTP cookies and how to disable them, or restrict the categories of cookies you wish to accept, you can consult the information at Manage Your Cookies. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit the Site. However, without cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all the Site and some parts of our services may not function properly.
- Mobile identifiers. We may use software development kits (“SDKs”) or mobile advertising identifiers (i.e., IDFA on Apple mobile devices or Advertising ID on Android mobile devices), which function similarly to cookies on mobile devices. You may reset your IDFA or Advertising ID in the settings on your mobile device.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Site and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
- Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons may be included in our web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a web page or e-mail can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Site, to monitor how users navigate the Site, to make cookies more effective, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
Information We Receive from Social Networks and Other Third Parties: When you engage with our content on social networking sites or applications, you may allow us to have access to information from your social media profile, such as your name, gender, email address, birthday, location, photos, videos and the posts or the “likes” you make.
- How We Use the Information We Collect
Notwithstanding the foregoing, PureRoots does research on our users’ demographics, interests and behavior based on the information provided to us during your use of this Site. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. Aggregated data does not include personally identifiable information. PureRoots may share this aggregated data with others. PureRoots also may combine your information with information we collect or receive from other companies and sources (such as demographic data) to improve and personalize our services and/or products.
- Who We Share Information With
We may share the information you provide or the information we gather from third parties to any party with your consent or, in any event, to our affiliated companies, subsidiaries, agents, contractors and our business partners. We also may share information with the following groups:
- Businesses which we do not control but with which we engage in co-branded offerings or other transactions.
- Third party service providers in order to facilitate the performance of only those functions which are assigned to them, such as order fulfillment, data analysis, marketing assistance, provision of search results and links, credit card payment processing, and customer service.
- Entities with which we may merge, or which may acquire all or substantially all of our assets, as customer information likely will be one of the transferred assets.
- We may work with advertisers and third-party advertising networks for multiple purposes, including the offering of products and services that may interest you. These third parties may receive information about how you interact with content and advertising provided on the Site. These third parties may view, edit, or set their own tracking technologies/cookies, which will allow them to collect information about you. These third parties may also link the data collected from you across the various browsers and devices you may use to access the Site in order to serve you personalized advertising based on your interests and activities on the Site.
- We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (a “Promotion”) that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to the terms, conditions and official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the Promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winners list.
- In addition, if we believe it is necessary, we may disclose information collected from you in order to: (a) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, and violations of the Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement, (b) respond to legal process, for example, in response to a subpoena or court order, (c) respond to a law enforcement agency’s request, (d) verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Sites and applicable laws, and/or (e) establish or exercise our legal rights, defend against legal claims, and as otherwise required or permitted by law.
- Your Control Over Your Information
Update or delete your Account information. If you wish to verify, correct, update or delete any of the Personal Information provided to us in connection with a personal account on the Site, you may do so by editing it on your associated account page. Please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep the outdated information and not delete it (or to keep the outdated information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirement(s)). You should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data remaining in our archive(s).
Opt-out of targeted advertising. If you prefer to not receive targeted advertising, you can opt-out of some network advertising programs that use your information. Below are the steps you can take to opt-out of targeted advertising:
- Visit the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) Opt-Out Page (http://www.aboutads.info/choices). The DAA Opt-Out Page provides a tool that identifies its member companies that have Cookies on your browser and provides links to those companies.
- If you wish to control Google AdWords remarketing, you can do so by visiting Google Ad Settings.
- If you are using one of our mobile applications, you can download App Choices (http://youradchoices.com/appchoices), which will allow you to opt-out of in-app tracking. You can also adjust the privacy settings on your mobile device by visiting the settings tab. If you wish to opt-out of cross-device tracking, you will need to opt-out of in app tracking on all of your devices.
- Update the privacy settings in the help section of your browser, or in the settings tab on your mobile device.
- You may also click on the ad choices icon in the advertisement.
- You may opt out of additional third party advertising networks by going to the Network Advertising Initiative’s Website (http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp ) and following the directions therein provided.
Additionally, many advertising programs allow you to view and manage the interest categories they have compiled from your online browsing activities. These interest categories help determine the types of targeted advertisements you may receive.
Please note that even if you choose to remove your information or “opt-out”, you will still see advertisements while you are browsing online; however, those advertisements will no longer be tailored to your interests. Additionally, information regarding your usage of the online services may still be collected for research, analytics, or internal operations purposes. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of any such opt-out options.
- Consent to Processing and Transfer of Information
PureRoots is a United States company and the Site is provided from the United States. If you are a user who resides outside the United States, please be aware that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Site, or providing us with any information, you consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other countries in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
- What Else to Know About Your Privacy
Third-party websites and services accessible through the Site have separate privacy and data collection practices, independent of us. We have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions. Please be careful and responsible online. If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information through the transmission process, and any transmission by you of information is at your own risk.
- No Children; No Persons Under 18 Years Old
This Site fully complies with COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act), as enforced by The Federal Trade Commission, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
People under the age of eighteen (18) years may not provide any personal information, including name, physical and e-mail address, telephone number, or any other information that allows others to contact them physically or electronically, to us via any of our services without verifiable parental consent. PureRoots does not knowingly (i) collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of eighteen (18) years or (ii) allow such persons to register for use of any of our services. In the event we learn that we have collected personal information from a person under the age of eighteen (18) years without verification of parental consent, we will delete such information as quickly as possible.
- How We Store and Protect Your Information
We use our best efforts to protect your Personal Information. We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its users happens over a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Notwithstanding the forgoing measures, no website can be absolutely secure. Third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from this Site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain absolutely private. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised, and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- How We Respond to Do Not Track (DNT) Signals
- Other Legal Notices.